Monday, July 12, 2010

Cinnamon Flavour Combinations

I haven't experimented with cinnamon as much as I have with peanut butter, however here are a few ideas to start you off.

Cinnamon Flavour Combinations

1) Cinnamon with peanut butter! (Surprise, surprise). Seriously though, mix some into natural peanut butter and you'll be surprised at what a delicious combination it makes.

2) Cinnamon toast or cinnamon-raisin toast or bagels are delicious toasted with butter/margarine, cream cheese or peanut butter.

3)  Cinnamon added to coffee/lattes. I like to sprinkle some cinnamon onto the top of a plain latte, or add some to my coffee grounds before putting through the coffee maker or French press. It just adds a hint of flavour, and eliminates the need to add artificial flavour shots.

4) Cinnamon (or cinnamon-sugar) sprinkled on apple slices. My mom used to make this for me as a kid, and I still have it as a late night snack sometimes (minus the sugar). Yum!

5) Soft cinnamon-sugar pretzels. I have yet to make pretzels from scratch so this recommendation is based on the ones they sell at pretzel stands. However, this is on my list of things to bake!

6) Cinnamon-swirl coffee cake.

7) Cinnamon rolls. What could beat warm, gooey cinnamon buns on a Sunday morning? (Cinnamon buns with peanut butter, obviously). 

8) Cinnamon-sugar rugelach (a Jewish dessert best described as mini crescent rolls with various sweet fillings). I've made these from scratch and they were delicious.

9) Apple cinnamon crepes.

10) Did you know that cinnamon sticks are the secret ingredient to homemade sangria? I decided to share this with you since sangria really isn't the same without it. Try my sangria recipe and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment