Monday, July 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Flavour Combinations

Over the years, I have tried peanut butter on just about everything (ok, not on a hamburger, but I heard on the radio that it makes a great combination. Since I currently don't eat red meat, I expect someone to try this for me and write in with the results.) Below are some particularly good combinations that you should try.

10 Delicious Peanut Butter Flavour Combinations (besides PB & Cinnamon!)

1) Peanut butter and banana (on its own, in a sandwich, on toast, on a panini, in a wrap...)

2) Peanut butter and honey (especially on toast, but also in dessert squares, etc.) Honey also makes an excellent addition to a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

3) Natural peanut butter mixed into vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt. This is literally THE best thing ever (especially when peanut butter and ice cream are two of your all-time favourite foods). Peanuts and peanut butter sauce also make a great addition to sundaes, banana splits, homemade smoothies or milkshakes. Peanut butter ice cream pie fits in this category of brilliancy as well.

4) Peanut butter spread on almost any type of bread-like substance: toast, bagels, muffins (especially bran muffins), English muffins, wraps/pitas/tortillas

5) Pretzels dipped in peanut butter (Snyder's of Hanover makes peanut butter pretzel sandwiches which inspired me to make my own).

6) Peanut butter and crackers. I especially like peanut butter on Triscuits, Premium Plus/Saltines, and Ritz crackers. If anyone remembers those orange cheese-flavoured peanut butter sandwiches that used to come in packages (I saw them in the States in a vending machine last year so I guess they still exist), Cheese Nips and peanut butter evokes a similar taste sensation, not to mention a bit of nostalgia.

5) Dry cereal dipped in peanut butter. Literally every cereal I have tried tastes good with pb, but some of my personal favourites are: Honey Nut Cheerios, Shreddies, Bran Flakes, Life Cinnamon (Cinnamon Toast Crunch would probably work too), and any type of granola mixed with peanut butter (the more clusters, the better).

6)  Peanut butter and apple slices. I also tried this in a wrap for lunch one day and it was surprisingly good.

7) Peanut butter and chocolate. Did I even need to list that?? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups exist for a reason.


8) Pancakes or waffles: skip the syrup, slather on some pb. I often do this because it adds some protein to an already sweet breakfast. Peanut butter chip pancakes are also delicious - thanks go out to EggCetera restaurant in Guelph for this wonderful idea!

9) Peanut butter in any type of square or cookie (e.g. peanut butter Rice Krispie squares, peanut butter trail mix cookies, chocolate peanut butter bars, etc.) You can't really go wrong here.

10)  Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. Enough said.

...Alright, that's ten so I'll stop. Feel free to email/comment with your own pb-inspired ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment