Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My first peanut butter & cinnamon creation...

Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Raisin Bran Cookies

This recipe was inspired by a Betty Crocker peanut butter-raisin bran cookies recipe. I won't type the recipe out, because truthfully, I copied it exactly - with one addition. I added about 3/4 tsp of cinnamon to the batter. The cookies are cooling right now, but based on the taste of the batter (a good baker always samples the batter!), I think they are going to be delicious!

My only question as I sit and wait for them to cool? Why I decided to bake on this super hot, humid day in an apartment with no air conditioning. I'm sweating in my apron right now and I can't say it's from exertion...my trusty Kitchenaid Stand Mixer did most of the hard work!!

...about 5 mins later...the verdict: I'd say these cookies are pretty good, but not the best ever. I liked the batter way more before baking, as the peanut butter and cinnamon flavours were much more evident. They are also a bit crispy for my liking, although this could be a product of my hot oven. I'll have to see what others think. In the meantime, this has inspired me to come up with a no-bake peanut butter cinnamon recipe!

1 comment: